Sunday, September 9, 2007

Love book

What is this? A book of love letters dedicated to your boyfriend, husband or that Romeo or Juliet admirer of yours?

Nope. This is a love book specially dedicated to just yourself.

Imagine you will to start from scratch, a blank scrapbook for yourself, how would you fashion it into your own love book? Let your imagination takes the rein.

Fill it with all beautiful things, right?

What gives you comfort?

It can be visual. The pictures of white majestic clouds that my friend Linda has recently fell madly in love with. “Look up.. “ She echoed in her blog, depicted with lovely pictures personally taken of the skyline. I believe she meant to convey the sense of openness that met the eyes as one embraced the horizon above. This is the way she relaxes by gazing at the sky, she said.

Often, I noticed she includes the street lamp in her pictures. I wonder the lamp symbolizes her guiding light of her soul - brighter than any stars in heaven.

I remembered my last assignment in a consulting firm located on the fiftieth floor of a tower, when my colleague pointed to the window to slow me down in my fervent work, I stared out to see wispy fluffy clouds floating by right at my eye level. I recalled exclaiming in delight at sight. At the moment, nothing else matters except the quiet beauty that captivates my heart. Just like what God did, in my walk with him.

Even staring at the animals in discovery channel as you switched the TV to silent mode can be therapeutic too, another of my friend added. Okay.., this is something new.

Hot bods? Abercrombie and fitch models? Well..you can. But please don't develop it into an idol book.

It can be auditory as well. The harmonious singing when you pause to listen during worship singing which I did purposefully sometimes, to immense myself in the melodious caroling of others in church, searching deep in meaning the verses spoken and the hymns sung. The rhythmic beat of the drum coupled with elegant notes from the classical guitar and sassy saxophone all adds to the rigor of my love book as the church band play.

Tune in and listen to nature’s orchestra too. The falling raindrops on the pavement, the rustling of leaves in the wind as you hurried to work. Pause and enjoy God’s creation of wilderness. Yes, I mean really PAUSE. Try it.

Conversation with people around you is inclusive. Words of love and praises for encouragement. Jokes for the lighter moments that bring hilarious laughter even if it is short life. Stories and tales that inspires your heart, keep them up-close in your love book.

Your love book can record kinesthetics too. Good deeds from other people that touches you. Simple daily acts of kindnesses that bring joy and comfort. Like tonight, I thought I will be pressed for payment when I ran out of value in my concession while boarding the bus home. Contrary to my perception, the bus conductor smiled and refuse to accept my two dollar note after a sheepish confession that I lacked coins. How lovely. What grace.

There are rules of the book of course. No traces of deception and immorality allowed but clothed your love book with humanity, compassion, gentleness and love. The former will only made your love book elusive to you and rendered it a useless doctrine. If you are frostily depressed sometimes, overwhelmed by whipsaw emotions or need a spiritual therapy, your love book will be the chicken soup for the soul.

Why wait, start improvising your love book now and don’t forget to share them with me.

4 comments:

Richard said...

Lost
On a painted sky
Where the clouds are hung
For the poet's eye
You may find him
If you may find him

There
On a distant shore
By the wings of dreams
Through an open door
You may know him
If you may

..."Be" - Neil Diamond

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gnJVgXL9Qcc

I enjoyed reading your postings.

Thanks for your postings.

Richard.

JustMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.